Combi refresher Basic Safety Training, Advanced Fire Fighting and Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats (STCW SCOM-2)
The Combi refresher Basic Safety Training, Advanced Fire Fighting and Proficiency training in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats (also known as SCOM2) is a four-day refresher training with which the following certificates can be refreshed:
- Basic Safety Training (STCW)
- Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats
- Advanced Fire Fighting
These certificates have a validity of 5 years, everyone on board must attend a refresher course every five years in order to retain the navigation license. The training meets the STCW guidelines and is recognized by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILENT).
During this training, the delegates will deal with realistic situations that can occur on board. The training focuses on personal survival techniques, fire safety and control, first aid in the event of accidents, safe working practices and social responsibility on board.
This course is certified by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT) under institute codes NL021 and NL007.
Are you interested in this training? Use the ‘Book direct’ button to view the schedule and book the training.
This course is practical and simulates the situation on board as much as possible. In addition to theory, you practice extreme conditions at sea in our simulation pool and fire safety and control in the Fire & Safety Training Center.
This refresher course includes the following subjects according to STCW tables A-VI / 1, A-VI / 2-1 and A-VI / 3:
- Personnel safety and social responsibility theory and practice
- Basic first aid theory and practice
- Survival Techniques theory and practice
- Fire Fighting theory and practice
On the first day, participants are expected to register at 7:45 am. The other training days start at 8.30 a.m. All training days will end around 4 p.m., provided that no additional training sessions or an inspection have been booked.
The training is given in English as standard. On request, the training for groups can be organized in a different language. It is possible to hire an interpreter via STC-KNRM.
Participants must have:
- valid Basic Training certificate;
- valid Advanced Fire Fighting certificate;
- valid Proficiency certificate in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats;
- valid medical examination
STC-KNRM can also arrange this medical examination for you.
Take the following items to the training (or send them to us by e-mail before the course):
- Sample book
- Medical certificate for seafarers (physical examination)
- Copies of all 3 valid certificates