The Basic Offshore Safety Introduction and Emergency Response Training (NOGEPA 0.5a BOSIET + STILL supplement) is a three-day training intended for employees working in the offshore sector.
During this training the participants learn about basic safety on platforms, survival at sea and the provision of (basic) First Aid. The Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) is a standard part of the BOSIET training.
The BOSIET training is OPITO, NOGEPA and STILL certified. The certificate is accepted worldwide and is valid for four years. The training must be repeated within four years with a Further Offshore Emergency Training (NOGEPA 0.5b FOET).
Are you interested in this training? Use the ‘Book direct’ button to view the schedule and book the training.
The following topics are covered in the BOSIET training:
- Fire fighting;
- Basic First Aid;
- Introduction of safety;
- Norwegian Escape Chute (escape technique with the Norwegian Chute);
- Norwegian Offshore suit + integrated EBS STILL;
- Marine survival techniques theory and practice;
- Lifeboat theory and practice;
- Safety in a helicopter / HUET + EBS (airpocket).
On the first day, participants are expected to register at 7:45 am. The other training days start at 8.30 a.m. All training days will end around 4 p.m., provided no additional training sessions have been booked.
The training is given in English as standard. On request, the training for groups can be organized in a different language. It is possible to hire an interpreter via STC-KNRM.
Following the 0.5A BOSIET the following training courses can be booked:
- Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA EBS) – OPITO and NOGEPA certified;
- Crew Basket Training;
- H2S Training – NOGEPA certified;
- Medical examination