NOGEPA 2.7A C&F – Coxswain Conventional & Free-Fall Lifeboat
This training is intended for persons designated to work as helmsmen for conventional and freefall rescue vessels. The purpose of the training is to train participants in preparing, launching and learning to handle a rescue vessel.
Are you interested in this training? Use the ‘Book direct’ button to view the schedule and book the training.
The following topics are covered in this training:
- Practical treatment of keeping the vessel operational;
- Respond to alarm, prepare and launch including the execution of exercises;
- Radio communication and other means;
- Embarking and ensuring the safety of passengers;
- Launching a conventional lifeboat;
- Launching the free-fall lifeboat;
- Navigate the lifeboat to a safe area;
- Disembarking the passengers in a safe place.
Participants are expected to register at 7.45 am. The training day will start at 8:30 AM and end around 4:00 PM. The other training days will start at 8:30 AM.
The training is given in English. On request, the training for groups can be organized in a different language. It is also possible to hire an interpreter via STC-KNRM.
To participate in this training you will need a medical examination performed by a NOGEPA certified doctor. STC-KNRM can arrange this inspection for you. It is also possible to hand over a statement from a doctor showing that you are physically able to participate in the training.