Offshore Personal Safety Training for sea sailors (OPST)
PR Sailing organizes, together with STC-KNRM, safety training for sailors.
You cannot change the wind, but you can change the position of the sails.
So go WELL PREPARED FOR THE SEA
Practical, 1-day training for sea sailors. The certificate meets the qualifications for offshore competitions such as the Fastnet Race and Middle Sea Race.
The following components are treated and tested:
- Care and maintenance of safety equipment
- Storm sailing
- Damage check and repair
- Heavy weather – trips of the crew, operation of the boat, sea anchor
- Prevention and recovery of people overboard
- Provide assistance to other vessels
- SAR organization and methods
- Weather forecast
- Life rafts and life jackets
- Precautions against fire and the use of fire extinguishers
- CPR and first aid
- Communication equipment (VHF, GMDSS, satcomms, etc.)
- Pyrotechnics and EPIRBs
We can also provide customized training for you. More information?
tel: +31 (0) 880 666 222